About Bytown Catering
Les Traiteurs Bytown Catering is Ottawa’s Choice for catering and food services. As a local company involved in the community we have built up our business as a result of word of mouth. Our business has flourished thanks to our sincere commitment to customer service and a desire to offer the best high quality food to price ratio in the market.
By choosing Bytown Catering, you can expect:
- Great food, at the best high quality food to price ratio in the market
- Meals to be delivered on-time, as requested, each and every time
- An array of menu choices and options from our extensive menu, along with a willingness to adapt to any request. Our chefs can also develop and suggest new creations for unique events.
- Nutritious and healthy options
- Friendly and knowledgeable office staff to answer your calls and take your orders
- Professional and courteous wait staff and attendants
- A commitment to do whatever it takes to meet your needs, including responding to special and urgent requests to the best of our abilities.
With over 30 years of experience in delivering high quality and responsive food services we have the knowledge, expertise and infrastructure necessary to satisfy and “WOW” our clients.
Bytown Catering is consistently recognized as being a reliable and reputable company as demonstrated by the awards it receives. The awards acknowledge Bytown’s accomplishments and contributions in the areas of catering services, sound business management and growth, and for inclusive employment equity practices. Bytown and its leadership team have been recognized by many awards including 19 consecutive Consumer’s Choice awards from 2001 to 2019. We are a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business with an A+ rating and in 2010 were recognized with the prestigious BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust.
You can also be proud of doing business with a local company that operates in a manner that supports ecological, social and environmental ethics. Some of the initiatives and practices we undertake include:
- Supporting community groups and organizations
- Hiring a diverse workforce and providing good working conditions and fair pay.
- Providing employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Buying local wherever and whenever possible
- Exploring new recipes and/or ingredients that promote healthy food choices.
- Consulting with nutritional experts to create healthy and appealing menus
- Following Eat Smart program principles
- Developing a comprehensive environmental and sustainability policy
- Reducing energy and water use and reducing waste, including undertaking a comprehensive recycling and composting program.
In September 2013 we underwent a System Quality Audit which resulted in a score of 97.5% (Excellent) demonstrating that we exceeded GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification standards, a quality standard specifically designed for the food services industry.
Our Executive Chef, Jason Peters will be sure to delight your palette and ensure your dining experience is a memorable one. Born and raised in Ottawa, Jason developed a love of cooking at a young age and started working in kitchens at age 15. Upon graduating from culinary school, he worked at Restaurant Signatures; Ottawa’s only 5 CAA Diamond rated restaurant under Chef Frederic Filliodeau. After three years, he continued his culinary journey around the world from luxury hotels like the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney and across Canada at many of the Fairmont’s premier hotels. Jason has also shared his talent as a teacher at La Cité Collégiale.
Jason is fully bilingual, holds a Diplôme de Cuisine Le Cordon Bleu and has more than 18 years of culinary experience. His diverse background and qualifications have provided him with a solid understanding of people; staff and guests. With his customer focused can-do attitude, Jason is a strong leader in the kitchen and emphasizes teamwork to ensure the best experience for our customers.